Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Friday, July 12, 2013

Mind, Body, and Blog Redesign

With everyone updating their blog designs it got me taking a closer look at mine and I have decided to redesign some aspects.  I have been working on it for a little while now and it will be making its debut soon, so stay tuned.

I've been struggling lately with my weight and health.  Three years ago I set off on a weight loss journey and lost 40 pounds, and I felt so much better, my blood pressure lowered and my cholesterol was in a good range.  But, in the last year I have once again gone back to those bad eating habits and have gained 20 of those pounds back.  I'm tired of feeling sluggish and just generally blah all of the time so I am determined to get myself back into shape.  I am thinking that I will share my progress with all of you because I think that it will help me be more accountable.

Marilyn Monroe exercising
Marilyn was ahead of her time working out with weights and eating high protein/low carb diets.  Photo source here


Something else that I have always struggled with is my own personal perceptions of my body.  Isn't everyone too critical of their perceived imperfections?  This body of mine is nearing 50 years old and has given birth to six children, it can't be as tight and firm and slender as it was when I was 20.  Realistically I know this, I am a  semi intelligent woman after all, but it's difficult to let go of those self criticisms.

Nothing is perfect, everything can use improvement.  Even my mind, body, and blog.













8 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will help cheer you on! :) You did it once and I know you can do it again.

    As for your blog, I look forward to seeing your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you can do it. I'm in process of losing myself, so I can appreciate the struggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new header! You look great but I get where you are coming from. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore you Denise. I really admire you. I am loving the new design! I am with you on getting healthier-I will be here to keep cheering you on!! xox Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome! I am the worst eater on earth-parkinson's kinda does that to ya'. It throws off your palette and your time frames. And I am definitely self-critical. I think that you are gorgeous- 6 kids??! No way!!
    I've been working on my blog look too. Fun, but super hard work too!
    I think no matter what you do, you'll succeed, and look great doing it!!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You - and your blog - are both so beautiful. I think you look wonderful and have a terrific body right now, but do (so!) completely understand about one's perception of how you look and how important a role being comfortable with your weight can have on your self-esteem (I have struggled with body image and self-confidence issues my whole life). I wish you nothing but the best with your goals and am here to cheer you on every step of the way, dear Denise.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies for all of the great words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Love a good positive boost to blog and lifestyle. The blog design is lovely and so are you!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**