Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Daily Outfits

Retro Gran's Daily Outfits

I love casual Friday's, don't you?  Sometimes, if I know I will be having to do something that is messy, like moving furniture, or setting up a computer, I will dress even more casual.  This was just such a day.  I threw on a t-shirt and my cropped jeans, slipped on some flats and put my hair in pigtails to keep it out of my face.

Retro Gran's Daily Outfits

This dress is so comfortable.  It is made from a jersey so it is soft and stretchy.  I've had it for several years and it always gets a lot of wear in the summer time.  I can't remember for sure where I got it, thats how long Ive had it.  The shoes came from Walmart many years ago, too.  And I threw my hair up into a bandana.  

Retro Gran's Daily Outfits

This cute little top came from Kohl's a couple of years ago and its no longer available.  Ive paired it with some black slacks and my ballet flats.  My hair here has just been blow dried and pinned back with a couple of bobby pins.  So, overall, its a very simple look.

Retro Gran's Daily Outfits

This top is one of my favorites.  It looks like two separate pieces, but it is made together.  Its the details of the under shirt that I love so much, it is a sheer chiffon material with delicate pleats in the front and the sleeves remind me of a 30s style.  I've paired it with some black slacks and my little slip on shoes from Walmart.  I'm telling ya, I get lots of wear out of those cheap shoes!



3 comments:

  1. Love your houndstooth shoes - so cute and classic. I could see Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly or Barbara Streisand rocking those back in the late 50s/early 60s big time, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking classic and gorgeous as always! ;)
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your vintage inspired looks. The way you do vintage is similar to how I wear it. :) I especially love the jersey dress and cute pinned up hair.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**