Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Creations


A couple of weeks ago my cousin's daughter got married with an outdoor wedding down by the river.  It was a scorcher of a day and thunderstorms threatened but they held off just long enough and while it was hot, the shade of the trees near the water helped.


I had the honor of creating her wedding cake.  Since the wedding was an informal outdoor setting, she wanted to incorporate nature into the design.  The original design was to have butterflies cascading down the tiers of the cake but she wanted the butterflies to be all the same color which proved to be difficult to find.  We found sets of multi-colored but very few single color sets.  Her colors were butter yellow and midnight blue and we could only find solid blue butterflies in the larger size.  So we opted for small yellow flowers cascading down the sides and two of the larger butterflies on the top.  I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think? 






2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**