Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter Everyone!

Being that I am a Christian, Easter is the most important holiday of my faith.  It celebrates the resurrection of our Lord, three days after his death by crucifixion.

As a young girl, Easter meant a new outfit to wear to church.  Many times my mother would coordinate my sisters and I and a couple of times our dresses even matched our mother's.  We always had hats and purses to go with our outfits as well as a new pair of shoes.

I thought it would be interesting to look back at some pictures of Easter finery.  How about you, do you get a new outfit for Easter?  





















2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I love how nice and cute everyone looks. I hated dressing the same as my sister when we were kids. I just felt like a copy of someone else. It looked great in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetly wonderful roundup of vintage Easter finery images. We rarely got new clothes at Easter when I was little (usually new clothes only happened when the school year started), but as an adult I've always tried to treat myself to a new dress or hat (or both!) in celebration of this wonderful day.

    Wishing you a beautiful start of April,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**