Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Military Order of Purple Heart

Back in the Spring, you may remember that the Mister and I took a trip to the East Coast for his birthday. Recently, I was going through some photos from that trip and realized that I never shared these with you. 

While we were there, we had lunch with a dear friend of mine who now resides on the coast. On our way to meet her, tucked away on a side entrance, we passed this amazing memorial.  We were short for time but just had to stop and take a few photos, and later in the week we went back, taking our son and his family.

I am truly thankful for everything our military servicemen and women have done for us and continue to do and sacrifice everyday. Like the monument states, "They paid for our freedom with blood. All gave some, some gave all."


War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

War Memorial

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of a really beautiful, important location. While in southern Alberta, we whizzed past a small military aviation museum, that I instantly added to my "want to see" list for the next time we're in the part of country.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I saw something similar on my vacation. This memorial is so beautiful and I love vintage planes with cool pin up art on the nose.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**