Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Style of The Women Of Mad Men

I am a huge Mad Men fan.  In fact, I recently sat down and re-watched every single episode and I am already thinking that I want to watch them yet again and I can hardly wait for season 7 to start.  Hurry up already!!

While we are waiting for the next and sadly, final season to begin, I thought it would be fun to take a look at the fashion of the women on the show.


Megan Draper

Megan Draper's style

Megan is young, fresh, and carefree.  Her character comes onto the show in the later 60s so she wears lots of shorter dresses.  If you would like to dress like Megan, you might want to try something like this gorgeous 60's Lilli Ann Knit Coat and Dress set.  You can find it here :

60's Lilli Ann Knit Coat and Dress



Joan Holloway Harris

Joan Holloway's style

Joanie is composed, sexy, and sophisticated.  She typically wears a wiggle dress in jewel tones of ruby, sapphire, and emerald green to showcase her magnificent figure and fiery red hair.  If you would like to dress like Joan, you might try something like this wiggle dress.  You can find it here :

50's - 60's style wiggle dress



Peggy Olson


Peggy Olson's style

Peggy is smart, witty, and professional.  She typically wears neutral earth tones with a more modest feel. If you would like to dress like Peggy, you might try something like this 1950's empire dress.  You can find it here.

50's style empire dress



Betty Draper Francis
Betty Draper's style

Reminiscent of Grace Kelly, Betty is classic, stylish, and feminine.  She typically wears pastels such as light blues, soft pinks, and mint greens.  Out of all of the women on the show, I think Betty has the best wardrobe. We get to see her at her best, her worst and everything in between.  And I think this lovely dress shows Betty's everyday style.  You can find it here.

50's Vintage Dress



So, do you watch Mad Men?  Who is your favorite style icon on the show?




9 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I've been wanting to watch this show but haven't been in the mood for it. I'm weird like that. I have to be in a particular mood to start shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, I am the same way, especially with reading books.

      Delete
  2. I just began watching and I have to say Betty Draper is my style. I love the clean sophistication of it all. A blend of Grace and Audrey-I love love LOVE it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always be a Joan girl...although I do adore Betty's classic style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Peggy' s wardrobe, partly because it's sometimes so awful! Its interesting to see Sally' s wardrobe too as she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mad men ... i don't really have a fashion fav from this show. i would wear a lot of dresses from joan, peggy or betty from the late 50s and early 60s. to be true ... betty draper wins. i'm a maniac for flared skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to see this, but really like the Joan character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I LOVVVVVEEEE Mad Men!!! Dying over these pics! The fashion of the show is part of why I love it. I heard they are splitting the final season into two?!! Have you heard anything?
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    PS. Joan is my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard that. Will that give us more episodes? If so, Im for it. lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**