For a relationship to last, one must have the ability to see the big picture and recognize the beauty in sharing everyday experiences with the person you love. Each day you should try to reflect on your spouses best qualities and attributes.
In part two of our Romance series lets look at some classic ways to bring romance into your every day routine. If you missed part one, look here.
- When the alarm goes off in the morning, before getting out of bed, take a moment to snuggle with your spouse. This will help start your day off in a relaxed manner and leave you feeling connected to your love.
- Serve him a cup of coffee with a kiss while he's getting ready for work.
- Kiss hello, goodbye, good morning, goodnight, and lots of times in between.
- Remember to have common courtesy. Treat the one you love with more consideration than you would a casual acquaintance.
- Try shifting your mood on the drive home from work as that of "worker" to that of a lucky person coming home to a happy home with a loving spouse.
- When arriving home, be sure to give your spouse as much attention as you do the kids. Try to reconnect as warmly and lovingly as possible, no matter how bad your day went. Save that discussion for later, after you've shown some affection.
- Try to spend as much time together as possible. Slow down and relax, try having some quiet time together and during this quiet time try holding hands, or kissing his cheek for no reason, or rubbing his feet while he reads the paper.
- Listen to your spouse and respectfully acknowledge his thoughts.
- Try to keep the mood relaxed by speaking in softer tones. A warm and peaceful home atmosphere allows a couple to escape the tensions of the outside world, while tending to each other's needs.
Knowing that relationships have a common progression from an intensity of emotion early on to a slower pace as you acclimate to each other, finding ways to keep the romance alive is a good way to ensure your relationship will stand the test of time.